Welcome to the F30Driver forums. F30Driver is the premiere website for the next generation BMW 3 series with interactive forums, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts. If you are looking to talk about your F30 Sedan, F31 Touring, F32 Coupe or F33 Cabrio -- F30Driver is the place for you!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   F30Driver > BMW F30 Forums > General F30 Sedan / F31 Wagon / F32 Coupe / F33 Cabrio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
tim330i
Owner/Admin

My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
Motoramic TV - Another BMW F30 vs Cadillac ATC Video

Motoramic TV is the latest to pit the BMW F30 3 series against the new challenger from Cadillac, the ATS. Motoramic TV has a BMW CCA member and bimmer enthusiast test out the ATS. While this skewed the results in favor of the F30 335i it does give a good driving perspective on the ATS from a BMW lover's vantage point.

Do you have any interest in the Cadillac ATS?

Last edited by tim330i; 11-28-2012 at 10:26 AM.
tim330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
pix335i
Mod Junkie

My Ride: 2007 335i Coupe
I have an *interest* in driving an ATS just to see how it drives but the interior turns me off so much that I couldn't imagine owning one. One day I will have to go to a Cadillac dealer and see what they have to test drive.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #3
delmarco

My Ride: 330i
Send a message via ICQ to delmarco Send a message via Yahoo to delmarco
I don't know why Cadillac think BMW owners actually want to buy their cars.

From what I understand Cadillac is a brand that always had it's followers. Cadillac was always about the big sloppy American dream. Where FWD, style, status and 'bigger' was alway better than RWD, function, practicality and thought.

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE ALL MY MODS:

http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...rMod&UcId=7917
delmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #4
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Cadillac is trying to reinvent themselves as a sporty brand. I think they see that the current market won't support their old reputation of selling their cars to old people.
I have always surmised that since they brought the CTS to market and got into ALMS racing, they've seen that there is a huge untapped market that most American cars couldn't compete with. The CTS-V came out, as did the XLR-V and now it's increased from there.
It's plainly obvious that Cadillac is aiming straight for BMW, but I think they're trying to tap the whole sport sedan market of people who would be BMW, Audi, MB, Acura and Lexus buyers. Buick is doing the same thing, as their cars are essentially Opels. The Cadillacs are under the same premise, and appears they're moving to a European mentality for development and production.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013 bmw 3 series, bimmer, bimmer post, bmw, bmw 3 series, bmw f30 forum, bmw news, bmw performance center, bmw videos, bmw vs cadillac, cadillac atc, f30 328i, f30 335i, f30 forum, f30 post, f32 forum, f32 post