Welcome to the F30Driver forums. F30Driver is the premiere website for the next generation BMW 3 series with interactive forums, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts. If you are looking to talk about your F30 Sedan, F31 Touring, F32 Coupe or F33 Cabrio -- F30Driver is the place for you!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   F30Driver > BMW F30 Forums > General F30 Sedan / F31 Wagon / F32 Coupe / F33 Cabrio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 09:41 AM   #1
mocohead

My Ride: '12 F30 328i Sport
Order Placed

Hi Folks,

I just placed my order for Euro Delivery on June 25th. This will be my 6th tourist delivery but only my second one from the Welt in Munich. Very excited! The other cool thing is that the BMW CCA rebate can be used on Euro Delivery and can be used once per calendar year. Makes the drive-off fees negligible.

My car is Black Sapphire/Black with red trim, 6-speed manual, Sportline, M Adaptive suspension (for the slightly larger sway bars), Premium Package, Premium Sound, BMW Assist, fold down seats, Xenons and sport steering.

The current ride is a 2010 Evo which has been fun, and an absolute track beast, but I think I am ready for a car that 1. has sound insulation and 2. does not turn 3,800 rpm at highway speeds. Plus the 17 mpg I get in my daily commute is becoming oppressive.

While in Europe I plan to take some laps of the 'Ring. I have been there before, just never in my own car. It should be fun. Plus my 12 year old doesn't get to to go on the track with me here so he is looking forward to that. We will drop the car off in Paris and then fly down to southern Italy and celebrate my 8 year old son's birthday with family near Bari.

It should be a great trip and a great car. I'm really looking forward to it!
mocohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
ModBargains.com
Sponsor

My Ride: E46 323ci / E92 335i
Congrats on the new F30 !!!
BMW Wheels In Stock | BMW Intake Experts
Hours
: Mon - Fri 8:00am-6:00pm / Sat 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
Check out our Blog for updates and discounts!
ModBargains.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:45 AM   #3
pauljungg

F30 fantastic
pauljungg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #4
tim330i
Owner/Admin

My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
Sounds like an awesome trip! Please document it, I'd love to see pictures/video of your F30 on the ring!

Tim
tim330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #5
pix335i
Mod Junkie

My Ride: 2007 335i Coupe
That sounds like it is going to be LOTS of fun. Pictures are a MUST
Old 04-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #6
mocohead

Thanks all. It should be a really fun trip! My hope is that the track will actually be open for public driving on the day I head up there. It is way out of my way and it would seriously suck if the track was not available.

Now I must admit I am a bit concerned about this car. Having owned three N54 equipped cars, and going through all of the HPFP/Fuel Injector nightmares, I am skittish about buying another direct injected/turbo charged BMW. The pump is an entirely different design so hopefully it will be ok.

Right...?
Old 04-20-2012, 01:34 AM   #7
BMW_DK

My Ride: BMW 320d EDE (F30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocohead View Post
Thanks all. It should be a really fun trip! My hope is that the track will actually be open for public driving on the day I head up there. It is way out of my way and it would seriously suck if the track was not available.
You can see when its open here: http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/angebo...dschleife.html

Unfortunately, things change so you should check up before you go, otherwise you might end up at a closed track

I'm going down there on May 10-14, but unfortunately I wont get my F30 until June 1 , so I have to go in my 2011 Alfa Romeo. No doubt that will be fun as well, but I really hoped I could take my F30 down there.

I'll probably plan a trip in June or July again to get the F30 on the Ring.

If you haven't been to the Ring before, I can tell you that its an experience in many ways. The track itself is something on its own, but so is the atmosphere.

If you go there just to drive as many laps as possible, go on the weekdays. There won't be as many cars on the track (because of the limited opening times), so you get more 100% driving time. If you want to experience the full atmosphere, go on a weekend, take the time and talk to the people.

BMW E46 330i Touring (sold)
Alfa Romeo Giulietta 2.0 JTDm (gone as with many other cars)
BMW_DK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #8
mocohead

Thanks BMW DK! Great advice.

I have been to the 'Ring twice in the past, but neither experience was what I was seeking. My last journey there was in a Skoda diesel wagon, loaded down with suitcases and kids. We did two laps before my youngest son got car sick (fortunately it was a rental car) causing us to return to our hotel. Despite that mess, it was a very interesting experience.

I do track instructing for the BMW CCA and have been doing track days with that club for more years than I care to admit. We get used to certain rituals on track days, like torquing lug nuts, emptying the car, using helmets, point-by passing, etc...When a tourist visits the 'Ring for a casual lap or two, it can be quite alarming. The disparity in speeds, competence and goals of the various drivers causes some interesting situations.

This time out my plan is to allow my wife to drive a lap (since I am trying to get her to attend some autocrosses and track days), I will drive a conservative lap with everybody in the car, and then my oldest son and I will do a couple of laps at a slightly higher speed (respecting warranty and break-in issues at all times). That should give everybody a nice experience!

IMHO driving the 'Ring is an experience every gear head should have at least once in their life.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #9
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
328 or 335? sounds like a great trip, enjoy!

What does the CCA get you in terms of a rebate?
Old 04-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #10
mocohead

328i.

The BMW CCA rebate is $500 on the 3-series.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:32 AM   #11
devildoc13

My Ride: 2013 BMW F30 335i
Order Placed in Spain

Hello everyone! Looking forward to getting to know all of you and experience my new car. Unfortunately, may be a while...

I'm currently on deployment with our illustrious Marine Corps, and as we speak am on a warship off some Middle Eastern coastline. Before arriving on station, we stopped off in Rota, Spain for supplies and some R & R. While there, I happened on Pentagon Car Sales, the military sales branch for the BMW Group, conveniently located right outside the base's main gate. As I sold my 2006 Altima SE-R to my sister before I left, and I was planning on getting a new car upon my return to the states, I stopped in to see what they had to offer. I was shocked.

Basically, they can get any U.S. spec BMW or MINI for active duty military members AT COST! That and a test drive in the dealer's F30 328i, and I was completely sold. So, I placed my order for a 2013 F30 335i, Glacier Silver over Coral Red, with the Premium, Premium audio, Tech, and Sport Line packages, along with all of the optional sport goodies (Adaptive M susp., variable sport steer, and sport transmission with the paddles). Should be at my house by November, waiting for my return at the beginning of the holiday season. I'm so excited!
devildoc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:22 AM   #12
mocohead

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildoc13 View Post
Hello everyone! Looking forward to getting to know all of you and experience my new car. Unfortunately, may be a while...

I'm currently on deployment with our illustrious Marine Corps, and as we speak am on a warship off some Middle Eastern coastline. Before arriving on station, we stopped off in Rota, Spain for supplies and some R & R. While there, I happened on Pentagon Car Sales, the military sales branch for the BMW Group, conveniently located right outside the base's main gate. As I sold my 2006 Altima SE-R to my sister before I left, and I was planning on getting a new car upon my return to the states, I stopped in to see what they had to offer. I was shocked.

Basically, they can get any U.S. spec BMW or MINI for active duty military members AT COST! That and a test drive in the dealer's F30 328i, and I was completely sold. So, I placed my order for a 2013 F30 335i, Glacier Silver over Coral Red, with the Premium, Premium audio, Tech, and Sport Line packages, along with all of the optional sport goodies (Adaptive M susp., variable sport steer, and sport transmission with the paddles). Should be at my house by November, waiting for my return at the beginning of the holiday season. I'm so excited!
Congratulations on a great sounding car! Thank you very much for your service to our Country!!!
Old 05-16-2012, 07:23 AM   #13
mocohead

Still excited about my car but am having some second thoughts about selling the Evo. Honestly there is noting quite like it on the track...oh well.

Now if people would start making real performance parts for the 328i all would be well in the land of BMW.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:30 PM   #14
mocohead

With the Evo sold and time approaching to finalize the order on the F30, I changed to Imperial Blue, Grey Interior (to remind me of my 1st e36 M3) with aluminum and gloss black trim. Still a Sportline, 6-speed, M Adaptive Suspension, Variable Steering, Premium, Xenons, Assist, Split Fold Down Seats, and Premium Sound.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #15
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
Grey interior sounds like a mistake, black is so much better, but the exterior color is nice
Old 06-01-2012, 08:07 AM   #16
mocohead

Car is now officially in production! I had my CA send me the VIR and verified everything. Most importantly was double-checking that manual transmission was specified, which it was.

So to Munich I go at the end of June. Very excited! I just hope my car gets home in time for the next BMW CCA LA Chapter Driver's School

My upgrade path is -

1. Stock 335i brakes front and possibly rear
2. Get a set of 18" track wheels. Already have Hankook Z214 track tires in 18"
3. Swap in the M Sport sway bars (slightly larger and still OEM)
4. Possible breathing enhancements for the car - intake, down pipe, etc...
5. Possible tune if somebody comes up with something I am willing to buy

Looking forward to this car a lot! It will be nice to get back into a BMW again.

Tags
bmw f30 euro delivery, european delivery, f30 bmw