Welcome to the F30Driver forums. F30Driver is the premiere website for the next generation BMW 3 series with interactive forums, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts. If you are looking to talk about your F30 Sedan, F31 Touring, F32 Coupe or F33 Cabrio -- F30Driver is the place for you!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   F30Driver > BMW F30 Forums > General F30 Sedan / F31 Wagon / F32 Coupe / F33 Cabrio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2013, 10:38 PM   #1
Bernie@Fanatics
Administrator

My Ride: 83' 323is, 07' JCW
BMW 3/4 Series on Car and Driver 2014 10 Best List

”top10”

I guess it's no surprise that the 2014 BMW 3 Series, along with the 4 Series, made it in to Car and Driver's 10 Best Cars for 2014. I looked back to the early 90's and couldn't find a year that the 3 Series didn't make it on to the list. A definite tribute to how consistently good the 3 Series has been and the following it has. I'm sure the 4 will follow suit.

Here are some of what C&D had to say about the 3/4 Series.

From the start, the 1977 BMW E21 3er and its successors have been built the way common-sense enthusiasts would build their cars. The axle loads are nearly equal on a trim and tidy rear-drive platform with exactly enough room to serve practical needs. No inches or pounds are wasted, and nothing but an inline engine will do.

Even people whose car passions flow elsewhere have a favorite 3-series generation, but we couldn’t develop a consensus in the office. Was it the elemental E30; the fully flowered, do-it-all E90; or one in between? At one time the 3-series was half of BMW’s volume in the U.S., but the best-selling luxury brand in America has lately borne a lot of kittens, and the lineup is diluted. Even at around 37 percent of BMW’s U.S. sales for the first nine months of 2013, the 3 remains both a profit fountain for BMW as well as the ideological center of its brand.

The current F30, which in its initial 320i, 328i, and 335i form, or 428i/435i as per the coupe’s new designation, is softer than ever and suffers from imperfect electrified steering.

Anchoring to the road with a balletic balance and a satisfying exactness to its controls, the 3 also delivers the premium experience—of powertrain isolation, switch feel, and ride quality.

In some ways, the 3-series feels like an expensive Accord, which feels like an economy 3-series. Which is exactly what has ensured both such long tenures on our 10Best list.

Check out the rest of the full article and the rest of the list here.

”top10”
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW-ActiveHybrid-3-032.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	537101   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-bmw-4-series-launch-174.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	537102  
Bernie@Fanatics is offline   Reply With Quote