Welcome to the F30Driver forums. F30Driver is the premiere website for the next generation BMW 3 series with interactive forums, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts. If you are looking to talk about your F30 Sedan, F31 Touring, F32 Coupe or F33 Cabrio -- F30Driver is the place for you!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   F30Driver > BMW F30 Forums > General F30 Sedan / F31 Wagon / F32 Coupe / F33 Cabrio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #1
Bernie@Fanatics
Administrator

My Ride: 83' 323is, 07' JCW
Jeremy Clarkson review of the 435i M-Sport

”clarkson”

As ever, Jeremy's review is in a special class of its own--and not to be missed. Here are some of the key points about the driving aspects of the 4 Series coupe. You can check out the full review at the link below for the full Clarkson feel.

Even though it's a 3-litre turbocharged straight six, it's producing only 302 brake horsepower. That's 14bhp less than you get from the 3-litre turbocharged straight six in the smaller BMW M135i. What we have, then, is a car that is more expensive than the more practical 3-series and slower than the 1-series. A bad start.

With the 435i you still have the near-perfect weight distribution and an extremely low centre of gravity. The engineers have worked their traditional magic to make everything balanced and just so. It may not be the fastest car in the world but it is extremely rewarding to feel it turn one way as you go round a roundabout and then the other as you leave. Some cars wobble about; some lurch. A BMW just does as it's told.

A BMW also has extremely impressive antilock braking. Many good cars these days are fitted with a system that cuts in too early. It thinks you're panicking and about to crash when you are not. A BMW waits for you to be an inch from the tree before it says, "Excuse me, sir. Can I be of any assistance in these troubling times?"

If you have an Audi or a Mercedes or a Jaguar, you are telling the world that life is treating you well. If you have a BMW these days you're not really saying much of anything at all. You're like the quiet, grey man on the bus. Nobody notices you. And certainly nobody would guess that under your dignified, grown-up clothes, you're wearing a lime-green mankini.

In the 435i you really are, thanks to a little button that changes the characteristics of everything. Most of the time it'll be set to Comfort, but you can go to Sport+, which sharpens up all the important stuff. It's nice. I loved driving this car. I loved being in it as well.

Let's be in no doubt. The 435i is not for everyone. It is not good value and it is no use for showing-off. But if you miss the way Knightsbridge was. Or if you want a getaway car that no one will notice. Or if you are a grown-up. I can't really think of any car that is better.

Check out the full Clarkson review of the 2014 435i M Sport here.

”clarkson”
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-bmw-4-series-launch-175.jpg
Views:	671
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	536959   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-bmw-4-series-launch-018.jpg
Views:	667
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	536960  
Bernie@Fanatics is offline   Reply With Quote