Welcome to the F30Driver forums. F30Driver is the premiere website for the next generation BMW 3 series with interactive forums, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts. If you are looking to talk about your F30 Sedan, F31 Touring, F32 Coupe or F33 Cabrio -- F30Driver is the place for you!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   F30Driver > BMW F30 Forums > General F30 Sedan / F31 Wagon / F32 Coupe / F33 Cabrio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #1
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

My Ride: Euro
Send a message via AIM to Don Nguyen
Don Nguyen | F30/2/3 - Official vinyl wrapping pictures thread

This thread is dedicated to specifically F30/2/3 that I have vinyl wrapped. Most of what you're going to see done are typically roofs, chrome window trim being blacked out, and tinting tail lights. I also do other vinyl work on/for these cars, which I will also post. I am starting to get more and more of these cars, as more people have started purchasing and modifying them.

If you guys have any questions, feel free to post here or PM me directly for answers. If I get enough of a certain question via PM/e-mail, I'll post it on here for everyone to know/see.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Don Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #2
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I had this brand new white BMW F30 335i sedan come by to have me vinyl wrap their car's roof in my gloss black vinyl material. I think this is the first mod that the owner of this car did. Just goes to show that getting a black roof done looks good by itself or as finishing touches to a car that already has other modifications done to it. I believe the owner of this car was around Orange County as well and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the work done. We went with gloss black on this car to match his already factory gloss black mirrors and window trim pieces.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-27-2013, 12:11 PM   #3
Mango
Grand Superpatriot Sport+

My Ride: M54B30
^ any way to get true gloss black vinyl or not really? i notice the vinyl is always semi gloss and kinda blurry. i want to do my window trim but not if it will be blurry

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #4
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

That's about as glossy as it is going to get. Your only option then is OEM really.

-Don
Old 09-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #5
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

This is one of the few new BMW F30 silver 328i sedan that I have wrapped with the 3M Di-noc matte carbon fiber finish recently. As you can see, the finish/look of the cf vinyl roof changes depending on the angle that you are looking at it and how the light reflects off of it. The matte carbon roof complimented the darker colored wheels that were on the car fairly well. The pictures don't do it much justice, since I was mainly focusing on capturing an accurate portrayal of the roof vs the finish of the wheels. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have his roof wrapped.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-30-2013, 05:07 PM   #6
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

This brand new white F30 335i sedan came in to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car with my gloss black vinyl material. He also wanted me to black out the lower sides of his front bumper, where splitters would typically go, with the same finish. He drove out to me in Orange County/Anaheim Hills to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #7
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Starting to get more of the new BMW 3 series F30 bodies come in like this white 328 sedan. I vinyl wrapped the roof on this car in my gloss black vinyl material. This car was pretty interesting because it did not have a sunroof, which most newer cars always comes with. Turned out nice. Mirrors were already black from the factory as well as the shadowline window trim on the car. The owner of the car drove out to me in Orange County / Anaheim Hills to get the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #8
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

This brand new BMW F30 335i sedan came in to have me vinyl wrap the roof in my gloss black vinyl material and to also black out his chrome window trim with the gloss black vinyl material as well. I took some more detailed and up close pictures of the work to show you guys how everything looks once done and to see the finer details of my work/installations. If you guys ever have any specific requests, feel free to let me know. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hlls/Orange County to have the installation done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com